[pct-l] Trail Mix Fruit Cake

Nikii Murtaugh boundforadventure at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 15:25:02 CST 2009

Question - What is this?  1   32oz container of Fruit Cake Mix - 2
containers
I was just at my local Walmart and no one seemed to know what this was.

Thanks.

Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2009 22:41:46 -0800
From: "james8313 @dslextreme.com" <james8313 at dslextreme.com>
Subject: [pct-l] Trail Mix Fruit Cake
To: PCT <pct-l at backcountry.net>

Here is a Very Simple Receipt for a Christmas and Hiking Season Fruit Cake.

2   28oz bags of Walmart Tropical Trail Mix - see note below
1   32oz container of Fruit Cake Mix - 2 containers
1   cup of flour
3   eggs

Dump the Trail Mix and Fruit Cake Mix in a Extra Large Mixing Bowl
Add the Flour and toss to coat
Beat 3 eggs - add to the mixture and stir to mix/coat

You will need a 1/4 sheet pan -- 9 x 13
grease and flour or use parchment paper for the bottom
Add the Mix and pat down with you hand.

Place in a preheated 325 oven for 45 to 60 minutes

Let stand to cool and turn over on a cookie sheet to remove
When Cool cut into Blocks to fit Gallon Ziplock Bags
You can keep some out for now or place in the Freezer where it will last
forever.

I have doubled this receipt but will cut back on the eggs to 4 then add
another
if needed and 1 1/2 cups of flour add more if needed to coat.
Use 48 oz of the Fruit Cake Mix

The actual fruit-nut mixture can be varied -- it's the amount that you need.
I have used all varieties of nuts and dried fruits its the flour and eggs
that
keep everything together. Last year I made a double and it used about 24
cups
of assorted nuts and dried fruits - I always use the Fruit Cake Mix.

The Tropical Tail Mix has Papaya, Pineapple, Raisins, Banana Chips, Apricots
Cranberies, Almonds, Cashews and Macadamia Nuts.

Yosemite James