[pct-l] Base Pack weight

Austin Williams austinwilliams123 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 18:15:30 CST 2009

I also agree with the 'comfort weight' statement.  I'm totally comfortable
with a base packweight under 7 or 8 pounds.... but that's Spartan for most
people I hike with.  My firend Jeff refuses to hike with less than 60 lbs.
Not that needs all the gear, but he really enjoys the struggle... makes him
feel "manly" and reminds him of when he was a kid and was dragged out into
the wilderness with a huge pack and forced to like it.  To me...
*that's*Spartan!

At the end of the day, the point is to have fun right?

-Austin