[pct-l] Base Pack weight

Matt Thyer matt_thyer at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 21 19:24:10 CST 2009

This is where the notion that ultra-light backpackers are all "evangelists"
starts to crumble.  In my experiences we ULBs are preaching to the
converted.  People who aren't interested in leaving their comforts at home
aren't interested in ULB weights.  And really, if looking at Steve's base
pack composition might help me save a couple of ounces here and there then
I'm interested.  If leaving the super mattress and espresso maker are
concepts which you're not willing to contemplate you probably wouldn't find
it all that interesting in the first place.

MT