[pct-l] Less smelly clothing

Stephen Adams reddirt2 at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 22 00:34:31 CST 2009

For what it's worth, I tried some of these light marino wool base layers and from other reports and my own experience, they don't get nearly as ripe.  My old polypro stuff gets nasty after a few days.  The wool still seems reasonably comfortable and while not fresh, I don't mind putting it on and sleeping in it.  Patagonia's capalene seems a little better, but is still poly synthetic fiber.  I also  switched from a synthetic beenie to a wool one.
On the other hand, the wool stuff in expensive.  I did think I felt warmer, especially after a few days of almost constant wear (it gets cold in the SIerra in mid-Oct).
I did mention that I don't know yet about longevity.  The polyester stuff I have been using for years.