[pct-l] Free standing tent

Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes dot com diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Tue Dec 22 14:05:48 CST 2009

I worried that a staked-out tent might leave me without a place to
sleep, but it never did. I always managed to set up my tent. I always
found big rocks to pile on my stakes when needed, too. I used tiny
titanium stakes for the four corners, a larger aluminum hook stake
for the back side and a larger Y-shaped stake for the front. I found
the aluminum hook and Y-shaped stake, hence why they seem kinda random.

As for shade in the desert, I would stick my z-rest in a bush if I
wanted some shade. Mostly I just walked through the heat of the day.