[pct-l] Glove/mitten system for cold fingers

Kathryn Zimmerman thebaglady07 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 18:05:58 CST 2009

I know what you mean.  I have Raynaud's Syndrome in which the blood vessels
in my fingers and toes shut down when exposed to cold temps causing them to
turn black.  So keeping my digits warm is critical.  Mittens are a must for
the fingers.  Gloves don't keep the fingers warm enough.  And for my feet I
do the plastic bags between my liner socks and my wool socks creating a
vapor barrier.  My feet then are wet, but very warm.  I can hike in trail
runners through snow drifts all day with that set up.  I haven't tried the
plastic bags on my hands but it's a thought: liner gloves, bags, and
mitts...that would definitely be warm!

Good luck,

Bag Lady

--