[pct-l] Freeze Dried Foods (John Coyle)

Steve McAllister brooklynkayak at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 16:09:46 CST 2009

And in addition to not being healthy, that much salt taste nasty, to
me anyway. This is especially true after multiple days on the trail.

The food I dehydrate myself tastes much better, but I would guess it
doesn't have near the shelf life of freeze dried. I'd also guess that
all that salt adds to shelf life of the commercial food as well.