[pct-l] FreezerBag Cooking/ Resupply strategies

Sean Nordeen sean at lifesadventures.net
Wed Dec 23 21:05:52 CST 2009

I forgot to comment on the question about FreezerBag cooking while supplying.

I used the FreezerBag Cooking method as I hate cleaning dishes along with any other camp chore including setting up a tent.  So I would buy a box of quart size freezer bags and prepare all my meals while doing my resupplies so that all I had to do on trail was add hot water.  If I mailed any food forwad, I usually premade all the bags with their individual meal.  This extra work may be one of the reasons I ended up hating doing large resupplys on the trail verses just getting a box from home and trail towns where I had to make several supply boxes up became painful memories.  However, it did make it quick and easy to eat on trail and I was usually the first one on the trail in the morning and one of the first to bed at night; though cowoby camping for all but 9 nights may have also had something to do with that.

-Sean "Miner" Nordeen