[pct-l] Resupply strategies

Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes dot com diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Wed Dec 23 22:47:50 CST 2009

On Dec 23, 2009, at 7:03 PM, pct-l-request at backcountry.net wrote:

> Supplying along the way definitely means a big
> compromise in nutrition.

Is this really true? I mean, is there really a huge amount of
nutritional difference between breakfast cereal and fig newtons?
Between crackers with peanut butter and dehydrated lentils with
minute rice? Between a power bar and a snicker bar? If there is, I
never noticed. I hiked 25-30 mile days all through my hike even
though I'm a 44-year old peri-menopausal lady. Nutrition didn't seem
to matter much. Emergency-C was a big help, though.