[pct-l] meddling NPS

canoeman at qnet.com canoeman at qnet.com
Sun Dec 27 12:45:05 CST 2009

I think this was a great idea, what harm could these industrious young kids have
done.
Probably saved the NPS from carrying out those folks. Guess they are cutting in
on their rescue BUSINESS.
Sometimes the park/forest service folks, just need to get out of the way, and
mind their own business. And stick to the big picture.

Canoeman

Jim said
"The ranger we spoke with is also a high school soccer coach. A couple of
years ago several members of his team (unbeknownst to him), were hiking down
to Phantom Ranch and carrying out "hiker" backpacks at $200 a pop. And there
were plenty of takers. One young man was making two trips per day! After a
few weeks, the Park Superintendent got wind of this new "service" and put an
end to it."