[pct-l] banner resupply?

Bob Vance hikerbob62 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 27 22:12:43 CST 2009

let me answer both questions
you resupply in Mt. Laguna and than you head into Julian, why would you want another resupply?
Keep in mind, up until recently, many thru-hiker schedules called for a 5-6 day hike from the border to Warner Springs.  Most folks don't do more than one resupply stops on this stretch at most.

im resupplying as i go. im not getting a mail drop in warner springs and i know it`s very limited..im going down chariot canyon anyway. from the springs it`s only a short hike to banner. if i can get 3-4 days of food i don`t have to hassle going to julian.

Most everyone leaves at kickoff, don't they?

not me.implaning on leaving around the end of may. i want to avoid the pack at all costs. not that im that antisocial,but it dos`nt fit in with my plans. when i have to hitch out for supplies,i don`t want to have to compete with 20 others trying the same thing.i also wan`t to avoid the misguided do gooders who think we hikers are such fragile flowers that they need to "help"us by leaving water.i want to do the trail on it`s own terms,thats one of the attractions of the trail for me .