[pct-l] The PCT Golden Spike Monument

AsABat asabat at 4jeffrey.net
Tue Dec 29 23:49:42 CST 2009

Last time I was there (2005) the round marker was still on top the stone
monument as shown in Bill's picture. What was (and I believe still is)
missing is the plaque that was mounted on the front vertical surface of the
stone monument that described the significance of the monument.

As to significance, I think what they were commemorating was an official,
continuous route, regardless of whether the trail was actually all trail
(versus road) and whether as fully protected as we like. As I see it, worth
commemorating, but important to keep working to keep the trail preserved.

AsABat