[pct-l] Cooking in Ziploc bags

AsABat asabat at 4jeffrey.net
Thu Dec 31 22:01:15 CST 2009

I use the same method, but it IS possible to boil the freezer bag. I've done
omelets in them several times. Crack the eggs in the bag, toss in whatever
else you want (ham, peppers, onions, whatever). Close the bag and mix it all
up. Place the bag in a big pot of boiling water, holding it away from the
sides of the pot (or the bag will melt) until the omelet is done. Open the
bag and eat - nothing to clean! Probably more practical for a car camp
though as you need a larger pot. Great for the wow factor, but not as wow as
cooking in a paper bag.