[pct-l] Cramming a BV450 (500) / Canister 'required' areas

enyapjr at comcast.net enyapjr at comcast.net
Sun Feb 1 02:45:58 CST 2009

The Seki page at this time does 'only' say ('suggest') "It
is likely that a formal requirement to use these containers thoughout
(sic) all of the park wilderness area will replace this recommendation as
early as 2009."  But, IMHO, their saying that also means the decision has already been made!

The SIBBG Seki page already states "The use of
bear-proof canisters is the preferred food storage method and will be
required throughout both parks starting in 2009."  (Which, again IMHO, confirms my opinion above)

I've previously posted about the Seki change for 2009 - hopefully so that most folks on the list won't be "totally surprised" about it come this Spring...

Happy trails!!!
Jim / PITA