[pct-l] physiologic effects of icy cold immersion

Stephen reddirt2 at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 3 02:03:30 CST 2009

You are not kidding .  I suggest everyone jump in one of those high country
lakes, what I call strip and dip.  Just jump.  It's better to know and what
to expect.  And even when you expect it, it's still a shock.  My fave is
Wanda Lake or one of the Darwin chain.  That wonderful dip I describe to
friends as, "I bounced off."  It takes a lot of will to get one's breath and
to tell the truth, I can't say I remember catching my breath until I'm out
and hoping I don't get an instantaneous ice cream headache.  The legs in the
water is one thing, the torso is a whole different deal.