[pct-l] SuperSecrets - Belly Pack

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Tue Feb 3 09:05:20 CST 2009

I got a Ultimate Direction Naviti waist pack and use it as a belly pack around front.? Not bad at all.? It is my new favorite belly pack.? Not too big and nice for keeping two 20-ounce bottles close at hand, plus two compartments for snacks, toilet articles, maps, gloves, etc., etc., etc.? Having things at your finger tips is super nice on the trail.

I got red color, so I could keep track of it better.? I am old and could leave it at a trail side rest stop or in camp as I was leaving in the morning to hit the trail.? Believe it or not leaving things behind can happen out there a lot easier than you think.

The only thing I changed was I use different bottles than?came with the pack.? You could also use the big thin Smart Water liter and half bottles in the bottle holders (3-liters total).? But I would only do that if I thought a big waterless stretch was ahead on the trail.? I think the two 20-ounce holders are fine, plus whatever water you have in your backpack.? I will probably use the bottles for electrolyte mixes.

Thank you for your attention.

Switchack the Trail Pirate
PCT Class of 2012 and Hiker Trash