[pct-l] Mt Whitney permit Change

Sly hikertrash at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 18:13:21 CST 2009

Well, it seems like someone needs to get their act together.  So far we
have the FS saying you need one, the PCTA thru-hiker permit says you
need one and that you should add $15-.  Someone from the PCTA saying you
don't need to pay the $15.

Whether you head east from Trail Crest, Mt Whitney is in the Whitney
zone.  The new expanded map has Guitar Lake in the Whitney Zone.  The FS
website says everyone in the WZ needs a permit..

Seems to me many here are wishfully thinking they can summit Whitney
without paying.  Of course you can, just like I can hike into Canada
without doing the paperwork,  but...