[pct-l] Stehekin P. O.

jason moores jmmoores at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 3 23:21:07 CST 2009

The Stehekin P. O. received 80 more packages in '08 than '07 (I happened to ask Adel if she was receiving more packages than last year, so she looked it up). The P. O. itself is very small, so most of the boxes are kept locked in rooms above the office where non postal workers have access.

Adel is a wonderful woman who truly loves hikers, but she is getting on in years and is only one person (another woman helps out once a week, Adel handles most of the boxes). To be honest she has become overwhelmed by the volume she is receiving.

Melissa and I love Stehekin, and are even planning on returning there to live in 2010. That being said, I'm still planning on sending our passports somewhere else.

jason