[pct-l] Mt Whitney permit Change

Carl Siechert carlito at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 12:57:45 CST 2009

And just to clarify: The big plastic bin at the trail junction is for
distributing empty, unused WAG bags--not for making deposits! If you poop in
the zone, you gotta take it home. (Well, actually, there is a deposit bin at
Whitney Portal; elsewhere I guess you toss it in the trash.) A better option
is to take care of business at Crabtree (where, for now anyway, there is
still a throne pit toilet with nice views and no walls) before you ascend
Whitney.

As for "we all gag," I used one on a Whitney hike last year and I was
pleasantly surprised. It wasn't nearly as inconvenient as I had expected,
and (double-bagged with an extra gallon ZipLock I brought for the purpose)
it didn't smell at all. (And despite rumors to the contrary, it ain't
because my sh!t don't stink).

On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 6:04 PM, herbstroh at charter.net <herbstroh at charter.net