[pct-l] Bubbles pop RE: Sleep System....UL vs recklessly light

AsABat AsABat at 4Jeffrey.Net
Sat Feb 7 08:00:14 CST 2009

> I made a sleeping bag out of plastic bubble wrap

Did the bubbles even survive the altitude? Years ago, in the days before
Thermarest, I hiked once with someone who had bought a sleeping pad made
of large (2-inch) bubble wrap. It had looked very comfortable. However,
all the bubbles popped by themselves before we reached 11,000 feet. The
altitude resulted in the air inside the bubbles being at much higher
pressure than the air around us, so they exploded.

AsABat