[pct-l] Permits for the rest of us

SWS sws4024 at charter.net
Sat Feb 7 10:42:14 CST 2009

Although I'd love to thru-hike, I'll have to hike the PCT in sections like I did the AT. It'll
take a few more years, but that's ok...something to look forward to each year....Most of the
info I've seen on websites and this list focuses on thru-hike permit requirements or folks
completing sections of 500 miles and using the PCT process.

What is the best way to get a permit if you are planning to hike only 100-300 miles a season? I
know the websites say to get your permit from the Forest Service office where you are beginning
your hike. If I'm planning to start at Campo and hike to Warner Springs or to Big Bear City,
where do I get my permit? Would it be from the Cleveland National Forest Office or if not, where
would the first "governing" agency be located on the trail? Thanks...

>From the east coast,

"Snuffy"