[pct-l] sleeping w/Mosquitos buzzing - use earplugs!

GARY HEBERT hikerfedex at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 08:06:49 CST 2009

Just remembered something else I tried on my AT thru that really worked!
When sleeping in mosquito season with my sleeping bag snugged up around bug
head net the skeeters couldn't get me, but their incessant buzzing around my
head net kept me awake for a couple hours til around 11pm typically. (Years
of conditioning that their buzz is normally followed by a landing and a
bite)

I tried benadryl to knock me out (tylenol PM actually) - it helped.

I tried using earplugs - that really worked!

They couldn't get me and I couldn't hear them!

FedEx