[pct-l] Permits

Engraving Pros mail at engravingpros.com
Sun Feb 8 14:55:35 CST 2009

> thru-hike permit. Not only are they aware of the permit, they are also
> frowning down on its misuses. I think there will be changes in the future,

I had a similar experience. But the Ranger looked down on the
permits issued by PCT Association on general principal. He felt that
by the PCTA issuing permits the local authority has no control over
trail usage. Also, if a PCT hiker is injured on the trail they would have
no idea that they were even out there. I argued that there is no way
for me to tell where I am going to be on the trail two months from now
anyway. But he seemed unconvinced.

I can see it now. Standing there at the permit office trying to map out
all of my camping spots for the next 133 nights.   :)