[pct-l] Bear canister requirements in Seki for 2009... FYI update

Stephen reddirt2 at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 9 20:13:53 CST 2009

Okey Dokey
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: enyapjr at comcast.net
  To: Stephen
  Cc: pct-l
  Sent: Monday, February 09, 2009 6:08 PM
  Subject: Re: [pct-l] Bear canister requirements in Seki for 2009... FYI update

  Actually there is a small bear box in Le Conte Canyon and has been for some time - but it has always been for the sole use of the Le Conte Ranger Station (and it's hidden well off the trail about 70 yards from the RS location, IIRC)...  There isn't and never has been a PUBLIC bear box on the PCT/JMT North of Woods Creek (in Seki), however...  Just trying to get Seki/SIBBG/USFS/whoever to change the info before the 2009 map is released (plus correct the 'missing' Woods Creek crossing bear boxes not shown on the '08 map, too)...

  Thanks.  Happy trails!!!
  Jim / PITA