[pct-l] Tents....I know, I know, beating a dead horse

ietura at viajarapie.info ietura at viajarapie.info
Fri Feb 13 03:40:16 CST 2009

most lightweight shelters are single wall so no such concept as a rain
fly... the rain fly is the shelter. You will have to go for a tarp + net
tent combo. I'm not up to date with current offerings but I think Gossamer
Gear and/or Mountain Laurel Designs used to have them (I mean, the net
tents... they surely have the tarps). The Gatewood Cape + Serenity is a
good option but it's tight quarters. Another that could do is the Lunar
Solo, also from Six Moon Designs: it's another single wall shelter but with
a large mesh panel covered by vestibule walls that can be put back allowing
you an 80º view of the sky.
rainskirt