[pct-l] Tents....I know, I know, beating a dead horse

Tortoise Tortoise73 at charter.net
Sat Feb 14 22:56:43 CST 2009

Your point is a good one. I often carry extra water because I'm unsure
of water sources and my consumption.

OTOH, I once went backpacking with some friends and I said we should
carry 2+ liters of water each because there was no water until we got to
our camp in the evening.  The others persuaded me to go with just one
liter each.  Result by mid afternoon and with a mile or two yet to camp
we were all OUT of water and THIRSTY! We persevered and got to camp, I
think it was Pat Springs in Ventana Wilderness. I had even drank a
little water from a questionable source. When we got to camp I downed 2
liters of water and then let that rehydrate me before I could produce urine.

If the day had been hotter who knows?

Carrying too much water is a burden. Carrying too little can be fatal.
Consider the situation and consequences then make your decision.

Tortoise

<> He who finishes last, wins! <>