[pct-l] Does your dog bite?

Charlie & Nancy Zapp cnzapp at comcast.net
Sun Feb 15 07:08:21 CST 2009

I had intended to stay out of this discussion, but it has been here
too long.  My wife and I walk about 8 miles every day and we walk with
hiking poles.  They are not to help us walk they are "dog sticks".
Our theory is if we holler and the dog backs off then great.  If they
do not back off they get what they get, including the sharp end of the
stick.  I am tired of "Love me love my dog" and it being my fault that
the dog decides to take a nip.  I am not a dog hater, but over my 65
years I have become less tolerant of unruly dogs, kids and their owners!
Piece of Work
On Feb 14, 2009, at 5:06 PM, Pat wrote:

Fuzz McPherson wrote:
> I was once told after being bitten by a dog that the person's dog
> didn't bite.  I thought I was in a Pink Panther movie.
>
> Another time, as I was having my achilles bitten into by a doberman
> the owner told me he just wanted to play.
>
> By all means, bring out your dogs onto the trail.  If they bite,
> please have control over yourselves, though, as the person being
> bitten goes batshit in response.
>
> Thanks
>
> A typical dog bite here in Ohio is going to cost you about $4000-
> $5000 One in the face of a girl-woman could likely run into 6
> figures. If Im bitten by a dog I promise I will Sue.

Pat