[pct-l] The Feds and the Dixon Roller Pack

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Mon Feb 16 08:04:53 CST 2009

Diane writes:?No, the rule was written for exactly something like this. Wheeled devices used to carry game out are not allowed, and your wheeled pack could be used to carry out a deer.
?Switchback the Trail Pirate?replies: Then I guess we should ban horses and mules on the PCT too.? That would seem to be a much more of a threat than a this devise for carrying?dead game out.? But I don't see a lot of problems in this area on the PCT each year, so I doubt the RollerPack is a threat to the PCT either.?

The only negative thing that comes to mind is that?if the?DixonRollerPack.com was allowed on the PCT, it would be one step closer to allowing bikes, etc., on the trail too someday.? Now that is a good augument for not allowing them on the trail with their wheel.? ?It might open the door a little wider for that eventuallity.? I would certainly not be in favor of that.? But I am not sure that is really a good augument either.? Someone told me that today wheel barrels are allowed on the trail for trail work.

I guess we agree to disagree.?

Say, I think just thought of something.? The RollerPack could be used to carry tied up Trail Pirates?off the trail to collect the rewards.? I am now offically againist the RollerPack on the PCT.???

I thank you.