[pct-l] just a little more tarp discussion...

Darren talhog at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 16 15:18:39 CST 2009

I am contemplating a tarp / bivy combo this year and I am looking for some input on what size to get - the 5x8 or the 10x8?
My understand is that the 5x8 will deal with wind better (less material to catch the wind) so the question for all you tarp users
is - Is the 5x8 large enough for me and all my gear and also to cook under? Looking at the photos I can find online it looks
like it would be tight. Also does anyone have experience with the wing cut tarps? How do you like them?

Many thanks!

Darren