[pct-l] Kids and dogs...

dicentra dicentragirl at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 17 13:56:12 CST 2009

LOL!!!   Yes. Kids too...

My friend's son (the one who is afraid of dogs) had a sort of tether when he was younger. Kept him close and safe. Saved his life on more than one occasion as well.  My little one just got her own tether... She prefers to hold Momma's hand though. No running off down the trail.

I think the message is that kids and dogs are a direct reflection of their parents/owners.  I like seeing well behaved both on the trail. I probably have equal number of "good dog" stories as I do "bad dog" (how I hate that term!) stories.

My only point was that dog owners (and parents!) are not the only ones on the trail. You have to be respectful and teach your dog/kid to be the same.

See ya on the trails!!
~Dicentra

http://www.onepanwonders.com ~ Backcountry Cooking at its Finest
http://www.freewebs.com/dicentra

Yes!! Your children running around off leash drive me crazy too!
They're noisy, run off trail, tend to be out of control and tend to
PISS me off!  I keep telling parents they need to control their kids
but they act like it's not their problem their kids are out of control
and try to blame it on everyone else.

I'm done ranting now.

FWIW, I like seeing well behaved kids on the trail.