[pct-l] Dogs on the trail

Fuzz McPherson fuzzmcpherson at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 18 01:00:50 CST 2009

Stephen!!!  LOLOLOL  Nice touch!

________________________________
From: Stephen <reddirt2 at earthlink.net>
To: jason moores <jmmoores at hotmail.com>; pct-l at backcountry.net
Sent: Tuesday, February 17, 2009 11:15:57 PM
Subject: Re: [pct-l] Dogs on the trail

Before I order the material for a set of UL waterproof breathable boxing
mitts I'd like to point out something that I think some folks are missing
here.  I don't think anyone here has anything to worry about concerning the
type of hiker that would consider bringing or not bringing a dog along for a
section, or attempted thru-hike.  Also I doubt the the folks who need to
hear what is being said here are reading or even know this forum exists.  No
one likes mean or seemingly nice phsycho dogs.  So there is not much we can
do about some bozo who takes his dog or pack of wolves for a walk from the
hundreds of PCT trailheads and connectors along the route other than to stay
alert.  But watch out for my cat.  One second she's all purrs and rolling
around all cute, and in the wink of an eye you got a razor gash in your hand
and maybe some tooth punctures.  Not joking.  Love that cat anyway, but I'm
not bringing her hiking.  I have enough problems without my cat chasing
bears around on the Lyell Fork.