[pct-l] water filters

Charlie & Nancy Zapp cnzapp at comcast.net
Wed Feb 18 10:06:15 CST 2009

I have a Pur (old name now it is Katadyn) that I have used for close
to 10 years.  I am very satisfied with it.  It may be a bit heavier
than some of the other filters, but it has outlasted many of them on
the AT.  I am planning to use it next year on the PCT.  The filter
elements have gotten a bit expensive ($35-$40) but a little care in
pumping you can get quite a bit of service out of them.  If I didn't
have this filter I would consider one of the ceramic filters with the
field cleanable element.
Piece of Work