[pct-l] Nervousness about dogs on the trail

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Thu Feb 19 03:38:32 CST 2009

Come on guys,
If you love the wilderness and all that Mother Nature has to offer, how
can you be so apposed to sweet little critters like Kelly...they are also
part of nature.
Everybody gets all exited about how marvelous it is to see a bear in the
wilderness, yet get all bend out of shape when they see a dog.
Just in case you guys did not realize this, a bear can do a whole lot more
damage to you than a little dog.
And unlike dogs, who are almost always happy to see you, this is not the
case with bears.

Boy,  I hope you nervous ones never run into my miniature Dachshund ''Mitzy'',
she is a ferocious one....all 7.5 lb of her....she will lick you to death.

JMT Reinhold
Deems wrote
Monty,
I empathize with your dog encounters. With the mega miles you've hiked, you
will no doubt have increased dog interactions. May they all be friendly.
Last August I met a thruhiker in Washington, named Salty, and captured a
photo of a notorious trail dog attacking a thruhiker. Take a deep breath
before opening the photo...
http://www.pbase.com/losthiker/image/102495801