[pct-l] trail journals

mrosendahl at digitalpath.net mrosendahl at digitalpath.net
Thu Feb 19 15:25:46 CST 2009

> So we're getting closer to the kickoff and it's a good time to mention
> trail journals.
> Specifically, what makes a good trail journal.  These are of course my own
> opinions
> on the subject. YM no doubt will V.

In my very biased opinion the very best journal of 2008 is now in print at
lulu.com.  Piper's Flight is my daughter Diane's journal of her hike from
Campo to Dunsmuir, a combination of her online blog and the daily
paper-and-pen journal she kept.  The link at lulu is
http://www.lulu.com/content/4533941, and it is also available on Amazon.com.
She hopes/plans to finish the hike this year and I'll be hoping for another
book...  Piper's Flight is well worth reading, and reading again.

You can read the her blog at Santabarbarahikes.com.

Piper's Mom