[pct-l] Trail Running Shoes so great?

Ken Powers ken at gottawalk.com
Fri Feb 20 20:53:42 CST 2009

Here are my replies:

Slip and Falls - nope
Frostbite - never
too many rocks in the shoes - an excuse to sit down and dump out the
sand/gravel
Plantar Fasciitis - nope
Achilles Tendonitis - nope
ripped or torn uppers- nope
sole separations/delaminations - a few, maybe 4 shoes in 16,000 miles. It
was always from the toe of the shoe.
Sprained/Strained Ankles/Tendons - none of these
jammed toes from soft uppers - no more than I got in boots
numerous blisters from too roomy a shoe - fewer than I got in boots

The only negative I can think of is trying to use trail runners with too
heavy a pack. Then I might see some of these problems. Maybe I am just
lucky.

Ken
www GottaWalk com