[pct-l] Trail Running Shoes so great?

montypct montypct at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 21:57:40 CST 2009

Merrell Continuums

The last couple of months I've been using a pair of Merrell Continuums for
off trail desert hiking.
They are kind of like a trail runner with a somewhat stiff Vibram sole.
Better than regular trail runners for rock hopping and boulder scrambling.
Zero on ankle support, though, for those who need it.  Ventilated top.
I ripped some trail runner lugs climbing boulders.... not safe.
These Vibram soles are a lot more solid.

Good soles on the rocks, but they would feel a little clutzy for me on the
PCT.

monty

Lightweight Backpacking
The fun goes up when the weight goes down
-Warner Springs Monty