[pct-l] Trail Running Shoes so great?

Stephen reddirt2 at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 21 01:08:43 CST 2009

Callouses develop, and then can split painfully esspecially when the feet
get wet a lot in dry weather like crossing a lot of streams in the arid
Southwest canyons or Sierra.  It can be better then to let them stay damp in
shoes.  A little moisturizing cream or ointment can help.  This is another
reason I only hike short distances in sandals and then replace my shoes.
These cracks can be painful enough to make walking a painful thing when you
frist get up in the morning.  It does seem to go away shortly as the feet
warm up to working temp.