[pct-l] Trail Running Shoes so great?

Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes dot com diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Sun Feb 22 10:35:13 CST 2009

Actually, Stephen, my new 811s fit pretty well. But I agree with you
about all the marketing hype and planned obsolescence.

Here is a picture of the kind of off-trail hiking we did yesterday. I
think that hiking conditions like this in shoes that were brand new
is a kind of proof how good trail runners can be.

http://picasaweb.google.com/dianesoini/
OffTrailHurricaneDeckFoothillsAdventure?
pli=1&gsessionid=rdYcIxMXkpnVTSE1PXxn1A#5305653147824528930

Good luck getting that long link to work.

I actually did not get any blisters at all, just a sore spot, which
is to be expected given the conditions. When were were on regular
trail, I was amazed at how powerful and strong I felt wearing shoes
that didn't slide around as much as I am used to. Wearing an EE width
allowed me to wear shoes closer to the size of my feet. Maybe some
day I will get the courage to try one size down and an EEEE and see
how that goes. My feet are just not a normal shape.