[pct-l] Cottonwood Creek Trail query

kmurray at pol.net kmurray at pol.net
Sun Feb 22 14:53:01 CST 2009

Marion, I know that trail crews have spend several weeks of dedicated time
on this trail in the last couple of years, and I'd expect that it should
be in excellent shape.  The FS had a presence on these trips, and should
have first hand knowledge.  You might try contacting the FS in Lone Pine,
and ask for Jeff Novack, the Wilderness Manager or Calder Reid, the Ranger
(although I think Calder is off during the winter).

The average person you get on the phone would not have first-hand knowledge.

The other alternative would be to contact Todd Vogel, the fellow from
Friends of the Inyo  ( http://www.friendsoftheinyo.org/foi/ ), who was the
crew leader for this work.  As a professional guide, and as a person who
used stock on this trailwork, he not only knows the trail intimately, he
can answer your questions meaningfully.

g'luck!