[pct-l] Obtaining a leave of absence

Frank Dumville fdumville at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 22 21:05:03 CST 2009

> Tom W wrote
> Has anyone ever listed their thru-hiking accomplishments on their resume?  If so, what were > the results?

I added a short entry mentioning my hike to my resume. In my case my former employer moved out of town and I declined to go, it wasn't a LOA. This filled in the two year time gap in my resume. This was noticed and received a positive response. I think the view was that I did something productive with my time off. However, I'm a senior engineer and my previous work experience is what counted.

Snap