[pct-l] Mosquitos- How bad are they really on the PCT?

Matt llipschutz at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 23:17:46 CST 2009

I've camped/hiked/climbed/etc a fair amount in New England, and I was just
wondering: How bad are the mozzies on the northern (OR/WA) sections of the
PCT?  I've seen a lot of conflicting information, and I am in the process of
choosing my shelter.  Normally I would just go out with a tarp, but I have
been wary due to certain posters' comments.  So, can anyone help shed some
light on this, in my attempt to choose between a simple tarp and a fully (or
partially) netted shelter?  Thanks!