[pct-l] Obtaining a leave of absence (from marriage)

Handy Husband for Hire, Inc. hhh at zoomtown.com
Mon Feb 23 04:46:57 CST 2009

My wife and I had a non-verbal pre-nup.  She knew of my passion so she
agreed that I could spend the first two summers of marriage on the PCT.  In
Aqua-Dulce, I met Donna when I was on the phone with my wife wishing her a
happy first anniversary.  That year I made it up to HWY 58 (Onyx) about 650
miles after a June start. My wife doesn't hike either, but the importance
here is to reciprocate your wife's passion(s).  My ten year wedding
anniversary is coming up this June.  Although I am a section hiker of the
PCT, my wife did give me the thumbs up and now she asks me what my plans
are.

Sibex