[pct-l] What areas are off-limits for dogs?

AsABat AsABat at 4Jeffrey.Net
Mon Feb 23 23:09:59 CST 2009

Source? I'm not doubting it's possible, but thinking we need sources as
this comes up a lot. What I found is at
http://www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/pets.htm :

Pets are only allowed
* in developed areas
* on fully paved trails and roads
* in campgrounds (except Tamarack Flat, Porcupine Flat, and walk-in
campgrounds)

Pets are not allowed
* on unpaved or poorly paved trails
* in Wilderness areas
* on shuttle buses
* in concessioner lodging areas
* in Tamarack Flat, Porcupine Flat, and all walk-in campgrounds
* in any group or horse camps

They also list a few unpaved roads that allow dogs.

Lake of
> the Lone Indian...doing a loop back...met a JMT hiker and he said the
> trail actually used to go through Devil's Postpile but they changed it
> go around the Postpile b/c the tourist were getting offended by our
> stench...the nerve eh?
>
> patti

Gate