[pct-l] What areas are off-limits for dogs?

asabat at 4jeffrey.net asabat at 4jeffrey.net
Tue Feb 24 00:37:17 CST 2009

Ok, reread your last email. Yes, dogs allowed on the JMT south of
Donahue Pass, but that's because the Yosemite NP boundary is Donahue.
Dogs are allowed in the campgrounds in Yosemite, but not the trails
(although dirt roads (mostly?) ok).

I don't think the trail past the Postpile is actually closed to
thruhikers, just that the official trail is routed elsewhere. This is
common in many places - keep the huge PCT crowds out of quiet areas
like Yosemite Valley, Mt. San Jacinto, San Gorgonio Wilderness.

AsABat