[pct-l] answering your big questions out there

GARY HEBERT hikerfedex at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 06:42:34 CST 2009

Day-late, I think you're right. I doubt most thru hikers actually resolve
their issues they bring while on the trail. I did do a lot of thinking about
mine. Over time I felt like I made some progress on what I wanted to do when
I got back. But I spent far more time just enjoying the walk - or suffering
through a challenging climb, or just trying to maintain my resolve on cold
rainy day. And in the end it's been 1 1/2 years and little has changed back
home. It seems my AT thru was more of an (awesome) escape than decision
motivator.  It seems deep down I want to make major changes but I never seem
to....

hiking the AT was exactly that for me....somethin I always wanted to
do...but never did....finally I just decided to go for it...and it was
everything I could have hoped for...perhaps I could follow my heart in my
home life....and it might turn out just as exciting and rewarding....

Maybe I just need to try again to see if another thru could push me to go
for it back home.....

PCT 2010!!

FedEx