[pct-l] CAMERA Choices???

David M. S. davids at instantseats.com
Tue Feb 24 18:56:48 CST 2009

Hi, I'm a bit of a lurker on here.  I'm a big fan of the Stylus SW
series of cameras.  I have an older model that has served me well, and
the newer ones are pretty darn good.

Most are around 5 ounces, all are shockproof and waterproof, and the
850SW retails for under $250.  You also may see older models on eBay for
$125-$150, but I think the picture quality has gotten better on newer
models.  They can't, however, take an external lens, but the high end
model Stylus Tough-8000 is 12 megapixels.

I like not having to worry about the camera getting dropped or getting
wet, and I can carry spare lithium batteries with more in my bounce
box.  I used to carry a Nikon, but I was always worrying about it
getting trashed.

David