[pct-l] town of Mojave?

Brian Lewis brianle8 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 00:22:43 CST 2009

"The people who provide the rides are not always around, you might
call and find that the case as I did."

I picked Mojave last year over Tehachapi based on the idea of not
having to hitchhike due to the ride offered by Days Inn.  I had the
same experience, however --- phoned from the road and was told that
the person that gives the rides wasn't working for the next few days,
so had to hitch in.  Since some other thru's I knew had planned to go
there, I still stayed with them.  More expensive, but a decent
small-scale breakfast buffet with the star feature being one of those
make-it-yourself waffle units.  And they gave us a free burgers & beer
barbecue that evening, though I don't know why (didn't seem to be
something usual ?), and they had a pretty good computer in the lobby
connected to the internet.

Bottom line is it wasn't a bad place to stay, and not too expensive
with three of us sharing a room the first night.  I don't think they
intended false advertising, but I would definitely not depend on a
ride to or from the trailhead from this place --- we had to rustle up
our own way back to the trail too.

Brian Lewis / Gadget '08
http://postholer.com/brianle