[pct-l] Permits are here, just waiting for the snow to melt

CHUCK CHELIN steeleye at wildblue.net
Wed Feb 25 07:52:20 CST 2009

Good morning, Day-Late,

Don’t forget your driving permit for identification, your phone company
permit to allow calls home, your Visa or MasterCard permit to buy beer and
pizza, your health insurance permit to patch you up and get you back on the
trail, and your passport permit to get you back into your homeland.  You’ll
need a wad of Federal Reserve Note spending permits for use where merchants
don’t like plastic permits.  You may also need your DD-214 release from
active military duty, and a permit from your local library certifying you
don’t have any overdue books.

But wait, you may not be done:  Soon you may need a permit from the ICC to
transport hiking permits across State lines.  If you don’t care anything
about all those damm permits you will have to get an Apathy Permit from the
Bureau of Lethargy.

Single-handedly melting all of the snow is often less trouble that
satisfying all the miserable bureaucrats.

Steel-Eye

Hiking the Pct since before it was the PCT -- 1965

http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye