[pct-l] anyone have bear or mountain lion stories?

CHUCK CHELIN steeleye at wildblue.net
Wed Feb 25 15:15:49 CST 2009

Good afternoon, Fuzz,

I was once awakened from a sound sleep by someone – who should best remain
unnamed – frantically whispering, “Hey, wake up.  I hear a noise. I think I
hear a bear out there!”  Half drowsy I replied, “Bears have big, soft, fuzzy
feet.  If there was a bear out there you probably wouldn’t hear a thing.”

Huge mistake.  From then on all night it was, “Hey, wake up.  I don’t hear
anything. There must be a bear out there!”

If you heard clomping-around, there’s a good chance a deer got into the
chips.  They love those things, particularly around established campsites.

Steel-Eye

Hiking the Pct since before it was the PCT -- 1965

http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye