[pct-l] Oregon/Washington in July

Halfmile halfmile at pctmap.net
Wed Feb 25 15:57:32 CST 2009

I too am interested in anyone's thoughts on this. My work schedule
will probably limit my 2009 hiking to July through the first week on
August. I will probably hike somewhere between Hwy 138 (just N of
Crater Lake) and Canada. I may not complete this entire 800 miles of
trail this year, so I also need to consider logistics of exiting the
trail in either mid-Oregon or northern Washington depending of if I
hike north or southbound.
Any idea what the early July snowpack is typically like in Washington
if I decide to do this southbound? Anything else I should consider?
-Halfmile